APRA’s Professional Reserve Analyst (PRA) credential is earned through a rigorous process which includes demonstrated experience and adherence to APRA Standards. Annually, a PRA must complete 8 credits of continuing education to maintain this credential. Learn more about continuing education here.
PRA Designation Process:
Please note that this application is very detailed and may take an hour or more to complete. Please plan accordingly.
1. Have the following prepared before beginning the form.
- A sample work report, consisting of the individual's actual work, not just a generic sample study
- Sample reserve study checklist with page numbers (refer to template here)
- A list of 50 reserve studies based on visual observation that you have completed or were prepared under your supervision.
2. Fill out the form by clicking "Apply Online" below. Attach appropriate documents where specified, and pay the application fee. Click Submit.
3. APRA Headquarters will be notified once the form is submitted. We will get back to you with a decision promptly.
* * * * *
1. Complete PRA designation application ("Download Individual Application Form" button below) and send to email@example.com.
Please make sure the following attachments are included:
- A list of 50 Reserve Studies based on visual onsite observation that you have completed or were prepared under your supervision
- A sample work report, consisting of the individual's actual work, not just a generic sample study (attach and use: Sample Reserve Study Checklist).
- Appropriate field experience or education
- Three client references
2. Pay the application fee.
You must pay the fees before your application will be processed.
- If your company is not a member company of APRA, you must register your company here first.
- In the event your PRA request is denied, you will be refunded the membership cost minus the application fee of $50.
- Pay by check. If you'd like to use an alternative payment method, please contact APRA Headquarters.
Make check payable to:APRA
W175N11117 Stonewood Drive, Suite 104
Germantown, WI 53022
3. Once received with all criteria met, a decision will be made and we will get back to you promptly.